COVID-19 PROTOCOL BECAUSE WE CARE ABOUT YOU
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following protocol will be observed until further notice:
- All classes in acting, choir, dance, drum and graffiti drawing are held in-person at Heartbeat.
- Heartbeat will continue to maintain strict sanitizing procedures throughout the building, including frequent cleaning of commonly touched surfaces such as ballet barres, door handles, etc.
- Class size will be limited in accordance with CDC guidelines therefore it is recommended that students do not delay registering for classes they desire.
- All students must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before each class and also their feet if class is taken barefoot.
- Until further notice, students and teachers entering the building will have temperatures taken by a touchless thermometer and answer health assessment questions.
- Class observation is temporarily discontinued until further notice. The exception would be for students age 3 – 7 (Munchkin and Child level) who may have separation anxiety or need help in the restroom. One parent or guardian per child will be allowed to observe their child’s classes in these circumstances.
- Students are asked to stay home if they or a family member are sick with any contagious illness. If a student or teacher tests positive for COVID-19, they must inform Heartbeat immediately and stay home until fully recovered. A negative test copy must be supplied before their return. If a student or teacher has been exposed to COVID-19, they must stay home for one week plus supply a copy of a negative test, or stay home for a period of two weeks without symptoms. Classes via ZOOM can be taken during the stay-at-home period.
- In keeping with CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated people are welcome to wear a face mask, but are not required to do so. Unvaccinated people will wear a face mask, but this requirement will remain fluid and eventually end based on evolving CDC guidelines. Children five years of age or younger do not need to wear a face mask.
- Starting with our summer session and until further notice: Masks do not need to be worn by students during stage performances with acting, choir or dancing, although social distancing according to CDC guidelines will be followed. Once off stage, wearing a mask is optional for vaccinated students but must be worn by those who are not vaccinated.
FOLLOW CDC/STATE/FED CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES:
Heartbeat will continue to follow safety guidelines established by the CDC/STATE/FED and encourage students and teachers to practice them as well. As these guidelines change, Heartbeat’s plan will change accordingly. According to the current CDC/STATE/FED guidelines, if a person has any of the following symptoms, he/she must stay at home: Cough, shortness of breath, headache, fever, muscle ache, sore throat, repeated shaking with chills, or loss of taste or smell.